»

Friday, July 18, 2008

IT'S THE FREAKIN' WEEKEND, BABY, I'M ABOUT TO HAVE ME SOME FUN

"Now, usually i don't do this, but uh... go ahead and break em' off wit' a lil preview of the remix..."

Only kidding. In fact, I can't believe I actually quoted that sleazeball R. Kelly, but I'm particularly excited about the weekend for some reason. I have absolutely nothing planned this weekend... so when I say "I'm about to have me some fun", it loosely translates to "I'm about to be a semi-comatose vegetable for the next 48 hours". Yessss.

I stayed at the office tonight until about 9, then made a quick jog to deliver some kitty comestibles to the funky bunch. I got to see the three siblings of my little Snicklefritz, and the big cats hoovered two cans of food. There was a full moon tonight, so everyone was pretty active. And now that my ministry to the fur-clad is complete, I'm in for the night. And the day. And another night. And another day. I'm all set for a hermit weekend! The 'fridge is stocked and I plan to hole up with a dozen back-to-back bad Lifetime movies and a box of Cheez-Its. I might even get a little crazy and run with scissors or place Ebay bids for things I don't even need.

I'm not sure whether anyone else gets off on these kinds of weekends... maybe it's just me, but I couldn't be happier. After a fast-forward work week, I guess you could say my "remix" is more of a "rewind".



Bounce-Bounce-Bounce-Bounce-Bounce-Bounce.



2 comments:

Mikey G said...

Should we put out a notice for the neighborhood mailboxes, or are you satisfied within the confines of your friendly lawn?

Jules said...

As long as I'm in the hazy, blissful coma of Cheez-Its and oatmeal cookie dough, the mailboxes are safe, Mikey G. But when the snackfoods need a-restockin', no mailbox is safe!!!

Post a Comment