»

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

AN UPDATE ON OL' WHATS-HER-NAME




So the new kitty has been with me for about a week and a half and let me say she has thrown a kink in the domestic harmony at my place. How a tiny speck of a creature can completely take over an entire house is beyond me... she's ruling the roost. The Snark Sisters, who are very much like Si and Am (you know, the two cats from Lady and the Tramp-- "We are Siamese, if you please...") have not fully accepted her into the fold, but we are making gradual strides. Well, let's be honest, Spencer is mad at the world and fervently hoping the past 10 days have just been a terrible dream-- kind of like on Dallas when Pam "woke up" and realized Bobby had never died... except it would technically be the opposite of that. Sydney, on the other hand, has given the kitten a little bit of leeway. I've actually caught them snuggling on two occasions and sharing a food bowl once. It's becoming a little less like Jon & Kate Plus 8 at my house... gratefully... no poop, less howling.

The only snag is the little thing still doesn't have a name.

I was hoping that as her sweet little personality revealed more of itself, a suitable moniker would become obvious. It hasn't. I would like to stick with another S name, but that just makes it more difficult. I've Google'd famous cats, literary cats, cats from movies, cartoon cats, celebrity cat names... none of them seem quite right. And Mark and I have had this long-standing joke about pretentious people and their pets' names, ever since we were hiking over at Pelsor and met a yuppie couple who were running the trail with their labs, Ben and Jerry. Don't get me wrong, I think it's cute; but that's what brought up the topic of wannabe's who give their pets ridiculous vanity tags like Dolce and Gabbana... Beemer... you get the idea. It kinda makes you want to gag. I don't want to be one of those people. (Aw, heck, how could I be, really? I drive a banged up old Accord and have been blogging my fingers off all year about trying to pay off my credit cards... I guess there's not much pretense in that! ha!)

Anyway, I've started a list of names, but am finding something I don't like about each one. And now I'm beginning to feel weird that this cat has no identity. She will definitely need one before her first vet appointment, otherwise Dr. Amy will have to put her in the computer as "Jane Doe" Mannon. I'm certainly open for suggestions... pretty please. Otherwise, this poor animal is going to be hung with the name Toonces. Geez, I hope she has a high tolerance for old school SNL schtick... and doesn't mind driving a crappy old Honda...





2 comments:

Mikey G said...

Setzer, as in the Stray Cats Brian Setzer

Brittnee said...

Suzy Q?

Post a Comment