»

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

TRAINER BOB LOSES IT!

When it comes to losing it-- your cool, that is-- no one lost more tonight than mild-mannered Bob Harper.


On the second episode of Biggest Loser Couples, Bob completely went off on Joelle for slacking during the Last Chance Workout. Now, maybe I just have my "I love Bob" goggles on, but I can't really fault the guy...

This season "boasts" the heaviest contestants in the show's history, and despite their size and obvious physical barriers, these guys have heart. You can tell they really feel it in their gut (no pun intended... well, ok maybe a little intended). They are puking. They are gasping. Their faces are red and dripping with sweat. They're here to kick some major beeeee-hind.

Oh, and then there's Joelle.

After the couples were split in the first ep-- sending one home, while the other remains at the ranch to "earn" the ousted one a chance to come back after 30 days-- the pressure is on. Not only are they fighting to maintain their own standing in the contest, they're also fighting for their teammates who are having to go-it alone at home. I have to admit... I understood Joelle's temptation to take host Allison Sweeney's $25,000 bribe to leave. Joelle knows her heart isn't in this... hence her declaration to "fake it 'til I make it". Come on. If you fake it, you don't make it. That's the whole premise of the show. It takes a lot of commitment to do the work, drop the weight and make lifestyle changes that stick. If you "fake it", you end up with a 2-lb loss for the week... which is what Joelle posted at the weigh-in. Personally, I think she should've said, "Thanks, Allison... Give me the cash, I'm gonna cut and run". Betcha she could've gone longer than 20 seconds at that point! It would've been easy money. And with that kind of cash, even after taxes, you could hire a personal trainer to beat you up every day-- plus, pay off all of your debt, put a down-payment on a home or realize any number of dreams. But that's not what The Biggest Loser is about. I think Joelle succumbed to the peer pressure-- which kind of is what the show is about. In a good way.

But I have to tell you, after seeing Joelle's BFF Carla in the first episode, I get the feeling that Bob's myriad F-bombs would have been a mere drop in the workout-barf-bucket compared to what Carla would've done if she had caught Joelle dragging around the gym like that. I wouldn't tangle with Miss Carla for anything... and I don't say that, because at 379 lbs she is the biggest female in the show's history. I say it because I don't think she'd hesitate to jack. you. up.

So I can't wait to see what happens next week! This is really inspiring stuff to me right now... how amazing that some of these people are able to lose this amount of weight in such a short period of time. Makes my little 12-lb loss since New Years look pretty namby-pamby... but I'll take it. I'm a little more than 20% of the way to my 55-lb goal. I know it's going to get a lot tougher from here... so I believe that, when the going gets tough, I'll just envision Bob getting all Jillian on MY Joelle butt!

0 comments:

Post a Comment