Ok, so we're nearing the end of 2008 and I'm shuffling back through my memories of the year... and I suddenly realized I'm so glad to have this blog to chronicle the past year's events. I don't really use this as a forum to communicate with others, but more for myself, and it's fun to go back and see what was going on at any given time of the year. Not that anything really noteworthy has happened to me in the prior 365 days, but for whatever reason, I like reviewing the minutia of my life. And then the thunderbolt: My entries carry the same themes over and over. Now, I was somewhat aware of this because Mikey G had pointed out to me, some months ago, that most of my posts revolve around cats and feet. But I would assert that there are, in fact, a few additional categories:
-The plethora of weirdos that I inevitably attract
-Crappy stuff that's sold on TV
-Cars and automotive mishaps
-Pumpkins
-Poop (remember... it's always funny)
-Music
-Weight and appearance neuroses
-Work
-My various gaffes and public embarrassments
-Ebay
I think it's kind of funny that all of my interests and activities seem to converge in these very distinct areas. I'm looking forward to '09 to see if the trend continues! If so, that means the future is fairly predictable for me: I'll go to work selling cars and have a mishap on the lot when I attract a mob of angry, pumpkin-growing eccentrics who bowl their vegetation at me, severing one of my feet so that I have no choice but to buy a tube of Mighty Mend-It to re-attach the missing limb. The Mighty Mend-It will carry an unfortunate side effect that Billy Mays failed to warn us about: severe loss of bowel control. I'll need lots and lots of Sham-Wows. Embarrassment over this malady will prompt me to live the life of a social recluse, selling off my vast TimeLife 70's CD collection and Burt Sugarman's Midnight Special DVDs (and all the other crap I've bought from those ever-compelling late-night TV ads) on Ebay to support myself and my benevolent feline work... that is, if I can get my car retro-fitted with special pedals to get me to Fayetteville under dark cover of night. And, of course, I'll need to be able to feed my cats at home. Because I'll be adopting three more. Ironically, I'll become a maimed, agoraphobic, redneck version of the old woman who lived in the shoe-- but sans-kids. I'll stick with the cats. They enjoy reading my blog.


0 comments:
Post a Comment