»

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"WHEN YOU TURN YOUR CAR ON...
DOES IT RETURN THE FAVOR?"

After a week and a half, I finally got down to Dallas to pick up the new (well, new to me anyway) Cadillac... Yippee!

This shot was snapped shortly after my inspection of the vehicle (to be sure that I was, in fact, purchasing what I thought I was) and turning in all of my paperwork to finalize the sale-- just before driving it off the lot. Up until this point, I was feeling pretty much the same as I had been in my previous post. Scared. To. Death. But as soon as I slid behind the wheel and hit the "On" button, my trepidations began to fade away. It drives like a dream. I've yet to get anyone else behind the wheel, but I'll keep working on you guys!

I was really, really nervous when I got on I-35 and headed home. Driving an unfamiliar vehicle in DFW... "Somebody, get me out of this traffic... like, quick!" Once the traffic spaced out and I got out of the metroplex a ways, I juiced it a little to see what it would do... frankly, I was still a bit terrified but did get the speed up to 101 mph. That'll probably be about the fastest I'll ever have it, but now I know that it truly is capable of getting on up there with no lag. The XLR is supposed to hit 60 in 5.9 seconds... I hope I never find out!

By the time I got near Tushka, Oklahoma, I finally had my "I love this car" epiphany. It had been a long time coming, so it was quite a relief. Not coincidentally, I had this breakthrough at roughly the same time took my eyes off the Heads-Up Display that projects the speed on the windshield and started really looking at the instrument panel; that's when I realized the speedometer says "BVLGARI". A designer speedometer? Are you kidding me?? This is my car!!! Bwaahahahaha. The only thing that might top that would be if the leather seats were embossed "Coach"!

Wish me luck... this is a majorly humongo purchase for me. I think the Hoopty Wagon may get a bit lonely over the next few weeks. But to answer Kate Walsh's question from the Cadillac commercial, the answer is "Yes! Yes! Yes! Ohhh, Yes!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment