Well, Barbie's turning the big "5-Oh" this week, and doesn't she look fantastic for a gal with no Botox or dermal fillers? Blonde, thin, wrinkle-free, and has a huge closet with 50 pairs of peep-toe stilettos that don't hurt her feet... pretty much every dang thing I aspire to. And now the crazy yatch also has a fabulous dream home, done in colorful hipster-chic by designer Jonathan Adler.
Now, before we go accusing Barbie of snagging one of those sub-primes from Fannie... Jonathan Adler was commissioned by Mattel to completely outfit a 3,500-square foot Malibu beach-front house as a venue for celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Barbie doll. My first thought is, "Just kill me right now if there's a Corvette in the garage..." I'm officially jealous of plastic. How pathetic.
The big event, to be held tomorrow night, will be a star-studded celebrity soiree... if there's any justice in the world, Ken will run off to Vegas with Skipper and Barbie will spend the next three days in her bathrobe, sobbing to her five cats while eating raw cookie dough. Well, I know it would be with a Pacific Ocean-view, but it would still feel like some measure of justice had been doled out to Barbie; I mean, some of us are knocking on 40's door and struggling to achieve all that Barbie symbolizes-- far, far from the glamour of Malibu beach. Oh, wait... suddenly, I feel a little better... I just remembered that Barbie got a Volkswagen Beetle in the garage of her beach-front home. No Corvette. So life in plastic ain't all that fantastic, Babs. Whew, that was a close one!


0 comments:
Post a Comment