»

Friday, September 16, 2011

BYE, SUMMER! { FRIDAY FLASHBACK }

Ahhh, yes. The weather is finally starting to change in Little Rock. Though the days are still quite warm, the humidity is easing and there's a definite hint of fall crispness in the air. My favorite time of year is right around the corner! The anticipation stirs my creativity, fueling a desire to decorate, cook and be a more domestic version of Julie than my idle summer self. Answering the call, I started the week by whipping up an autumn treat: a healthier variation on baked apples. They were de. light. ful.
And since I'm back in a healthier mode, I did a lot of walking outdoors this past week. What a nice surprise it was to find two fawns lounging alongside the Little Rock ramp of Big Dam Bridge. This is the same spot where I photographed the bobcat in the past. It makes me ask what other creatures I'm missing while walking with my head in the clouds and my nose in my iPhone. It's a reminder that wonder is everywhere if we just take time to notice.
Yet another sign of the waning summer was actually being able to open the windows and let the fresh air circulate throughout the house for the first time in months. As if turning off the AC wasn't treat enough, the perfect compliment to airing out the house was lighting all of my fall-scented candles. The new caramel candied pecan was an unexpected favorite. It put me in the mood to remove my summer piece from the front door and replace it with something more seasonal. I purchased this at the UAMS Cancer Institute gift shop this week when I went to weigh-in. Judging from the smile on this guy's face, I'd say he's almost as happy as I am about the coming season. Yep. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful fall friendship.

0 comments:

Post a Comment