At the risk of grossing you out with an supersized pic of my size 9 clodhoppers, I must share that I'm having a great shoe day. Yes, you read that correctly. I said it's a great shoe day, and I'm wearing Tom's.I've been pretty vocal in the past about my distaste for Tom's (not the company's mission, mind you; my objection is purely aesthetic.) But just when I thought I had sworn them off for life, I find myself a proud Tom's wearer. They're cute and remarkably comfy!
My wonderful stepmom, Shirley, and I were shopping at a little boutique on Labor Day and saw these tweed wedges. We went about our day of carrying lunch home, visiting on the porch and so forth... honestly, the shoes weren't even a blip on my radar when, all of a sudden, Shirley jumped up and said, "I need to run back to town; I won't be gone long!"
Little did I know that, when I was out of earshot, she had called the shop owner and asked her to hold them for her. She returned quickly with a delightful pink & zebra-print giftwrapped surprise! Wow. My cup ran over. I'm not sure if it's the shoes I love or the joy of an unexpected gift from someone I love. I suspect it's both.
So today, I'm going to enjoy feeling like one of the "other kids in the pumped up kicks". I'm not sure I can outrun a gun in these cork wedges, but it's worth a try.
Qual è l’uccello più raro?
-
L'uccello più raro al mondo è il kakapo, una specie di parrocchetto
endemico della Nuova Zelanda. Questo uccello è unico nel suo genere, poiché
è l'unico p...
3 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment