"Omigod, we're back again... brothers, sisters, everybody sing"... Oh, yes, they are back and this time, the Backstreet Boys demand wheatgrass. To answer the next question in the song, Trace Adkins would definitely affirm that the Backstreet Boys are indeed "original". Yea-ahhh.
If you missed the last episode of Celebrity Apprentice, you missed one of the truly golden moments of reality TV. In the final showdown and two-hour finale this week, Piers and Trace will square off in a charity auction / concert. And when Trace, who's in charge of the entertainment, met with the BSBs to discuss their greenroom requests, his facial expression pretty much summed it up: total disbelief that the "Backstreet Old Guys" (as he dubbed them) would make such an absurd request as wheatgrass, amid a lengthy list of other demands. Trace was respectful to the BSBs in the moment, saying "I've never heard of it"and "I'm happy for ya, brother... I'm glad you found something that works for ya." But later in a confessional aside, Trace was more honest: "What? Are you punkin' me, man?? Is this a joke... Really?" Thank goodness it's not far from my couch to the floor, or I could've injured myself... this is the kind of reality nugget that keeps me hanging on all season! Check out the clip here: "Talkin' to the Backstreet Boys is time out of my life that I'll never get back... talkin' about wheatgrass juice..."
I'm the first to admit that I still like BSB. There, I've said it. I think their songs still hold up better than most from the boy band era. And I'm sure The Donald instructed them to soup it up a little and make the task more challenging for Trace... or I'd like to think so. If not, they made total boobs out of themselves for nothing. And that's no way to squirm your way back into America's hearts, BSOGs. A teaser-for tomorrow's ep showed that one of the boys goes into a tizzy over forgetting his black nail polish. Huh? Show me the meaning of being lame-o.
So the countdown is officially on... just 24 hours to go until the Celebrity Apprentice finale! I'm pumped! But am also a little worried. I'm supposed to be getting my hair extensions tomorrow night, so I can only hope that the process goes quickly and my long-haired butt (uh, not literally, of course!) is at home on the couch in time to catch the whole spectacle. If not, I'll have to fake an excuse... "I left something turned on at home" might work!
Go, Trace!


0 comments:
Post a Comment