1) As I child, I almost fell into the blades of a working windmill in Holland. My poor mother still goes pale and gets heart palpitations when I bring it up.
2) I have an insane knack for recognizing voices... I'm like a voice savant or something. I wish I could figure out a way to make money off this "talent".... Maybe one of these days. But 'til then, the TV commercial voice-overs from obscure celebs continue to help me hone this bizarre skill...
3) I once wore two different shoes to work. Sad thing is, they were of two drastically different heel heights and I didn't notice it for almost 12 hours.
4) I had a poster of Bo Duke (John Schneider) taped to the inside of my closet door, growing up. I kissed it goodnight every night. I finally had to take the poster down because it got all jacked up-- eventually frayed and devoid of ink around the mouth.
5) My Dad is a minister and my Mom used to model lingerie. (Explains a lot, eh? hahaha)
6) The Queen of Pop and I share the same birthday, August 16. Incidentally, the King of Rock & Roll also died on this day in 1977. The way I figure, that makes me the Princess of Pock… well, or something along those lines. (Madonna / Elvis, by the way). Others celebrating on this day are Steve Carrell (Yay!), Kathie Lee Gifford (Not so Yay), Frank Gifford (yeah, seriously) and Vanessa Carlton.
7) I'm planning to skydive.
8) Although a law-abiding citizen in every other way, I have a penchant for lifting glassware from public establishments. My collection from BB King's in Memphis is quite impressive, if I say so myself. But my Acambaro cup at the office certainly hogs all the glory.
9) I've never been in the hospital or had any kind of serious illness or injury. I even stayed awake when I had all four wisdom teeth cut out. (Although, if I keep stealing barware, karma will probably catch up… Note to self…)
10) In the sixth grade, my feelings were terribly hurt when the boys at school nick-named me "Flat Girl". I was a late bloomer, but I guess I showed those jerks the next year...
11) My first car was a two-toned 1979 Monte Carlo. Very Napoleon Dynamite.
12) With a little help from Aqua-Net, I was Prom Queen in 1988.
13) In my entire life, I have only consumed a whole beer... once. Yes, you read that right: one beer in 37 years. I don't generally have a tricky gag reflex, but I had to shoot it to get it down… I abhor the taste.
14) I've dipped Copenhagen. I have to say I preferred it to the beer.
15) I once submitted a 14-page application and video, begging the Extreme Makeover TV show to pick me. In a cruel twist of irony, I weighed 30 lbs less than I do now.
16) I don't particularly like babies, Christmas or dogs. That one may not be a surprise to some of you, so that's why it's number 16... consider it a freebie of sorts!
I'd like to invite all of my blog-inclined friends to play along... if you post 15 weird, random facts about yourself, please be sure to let me know!


1 comments:
Need proof on the prom queen monaker - did you have big hair? did it all fit in the frame of the photographs? Ah for the 80's again - cool post - I don't know if I have 15 unique things but will work on it
Post a Comment