»

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

CHICK-FIL-A... MY PLEASURE

Never have I had so much pleasure as in a trip through the Chick-Fil-A drive-thru...

I've made a little game out of counting the times the friendly employees of Chick-Fil-A respond by saying "My pleasure". I'm averaging about 3.5 "my pleasures" per trip these days. They've also started throwing me off my game a little with phrases like, "Pull around to the window, ma'am, and it will be Isaac's pleasure to serve you"... I mean, I'm not sure whether to count that or not. I guess I still need to lay down some strict ground rules for this game.

I think Chick-Fil-A is an amazing corporation. Years ago, I listened to a fascinating radio program about their founder Truett Cathy and the phenomenal corporate culture he's created. They say employee turnover is almost unheard of, owing to Mr. Cathy's personal principles and the family values to which the company has remained true over the years. I admire what they've got going there, and it goes without saying that they offer a fine product. I can't think of anything I enjoy more than Chicken Mini's... their restaurant may be the #2 chicken chain in America, but it's #1 in my heart and on my hips.

And I appreciate the friendly, customer-first attitude of the folks that greet the public at Chick-Fil-A... I sincerely do. But I believe the "my pleasures" should be limited to one (maximum of two) per customer... if you hear it more than that, it loses sincerity and just sounds trite and cheesy.

I will say this, though. Never, in any three minutes, have I ever been so completely, so thoroughly, so willingly, so multiply pleasured. Thanks, Chick-Fil-A.

2 comments:

Brittnee said...

I couldn't agree more. After the third or fourth, "My pleasure", I just want to ask the speaker if it is truly their pleasure. Because it can't be.
I wonder what the punishment is for saying "you're welcome" instead. Or, GASP, what if you said "no problem"? Would the cows come off the billboard and eat you or would you have to endure a "stoning" by chicken mini biscuits?

Jules said...

I'd like to get stoned on chicken mini biscuits... I may try it and find out. Seriously. I could probably catch 99% of them in my mouth. It's my life's ambition to be a chicken mini's stoner. I bet it's a euphoric feeling of well-being like no other... Ahhh...

Oh wait, maybe I took that in a whole different direction...

Post a Comment