Brittnee and I were talking at work today about Wentz-Fest 2008... haven't the little newlyweds been all over the place? You can't turn on the tv or pick up a rag-mag without seeing some over the top goofy-faced photo of Pete Wentz and Ashlee Simpson-Wentz. I hope the clock on their 15 seconds of fame is sitting about about 14.5, because it's getting a little absurd.
It got me thinking... Does no one else remember that, about a year and a half ago, she had lost all respect after abruptly running offstage during her lip-synch debacle on SNL? And at that time, if you had asked anyone on the planet if they could name the bassist for Fall Out Boy, most of the general public would've probably said "Fall Out...Who?" Save the Nickelodeon crowd, how many of us knew Pete Wentz by name back then? It feels like he kinda popped up overnight and then took over the universe. I mean, I know these two are teen/tween faves... but other than a handful of feeble pop songs, some "very newsworthy" hairstyle changes, two new boobs and one brand new schnoz, why is Ashlee Simpson-Wentz really relevant? Moreover, why should Pete Wentz even be a blip on our collective radar? Last I heard, people get married and get preggers (not necessarily in that order) every day. Big freakin' deal. Does an Alice In Wonderland cake and 10,000 specialty roses really make you newsworthy?
And while I'm on this rant... has anyone else noticed that Wentz looks like Fred Gwynne (the guy from Car 54, Where Are You, who also played Herman Munster)? This may just be my opinion... but I think they bear a striking resemblance. They both wear black nail polish. Although Herman does wear less eye-liner, of course. But give Herman a wispy little razor-cut to peep out from under, and I promise he'd be a dead ringer for Mr. Ashlee Simpson.
Come to think of it... those were "black magic" roses at the wedding. Let's hope the little Wentz tyke doesn't come out with facial hair, pinstriped pajamas and a werewolf doll.
... not that we should care either way, of course.



0 comments:
Post a Comment