»

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

THE CRAZY CAT LADY STRIKES AGAIN

Since I blogged about them in my last post, I thought I might include a photo of the kitty darlings. Aren't they sweet? There are seven all together, but only three or four that we see routinely. The little grey one sitting on the bench and the black one on the deck are the two that always run up to the car and allow us to get close. It's my mission to eventually win them over with food... it works with men, so why not cats? :-)

I hear you... I know it's nuts. Gas is four bucks a gallon, and I'm still willing to hop in the car several times a week to check on my feline friends. But get this... over the weekend, I read that the homeless pet population in the U.S. is so overwhelming that every man, woman, child and infant would have to adopt SEVEN animals each to curtail it. Can you believe that? Well, this self-admitted Crazy Cat Lady will just have to visit the homeless and dote on them from afar, because my two fuzzy little snarks at home are all I have room for. Spencer and Sydney are not willing to share the princess bed (not to mention they're so fat it barely contains the two of them). And now that I'm finally sans-dog (oh, yes, Lightning finally went home yesterday! Holla!), there's no way I'm adding any other creatures to the Mannon menagerie anytime soon. Besides, it just doesn't look right for a 37-year old single woman to have too many pets... I'm not that anxious to conform to stereotypes. Next thing you know, I'll be living up to the other one about getting killed by a terrorist, since that's apparently more likely for me than a marriage proposal at this age. Ok, that's enough about me...

Now for the rest of you: Don't you people remember what Bob Barker told you every day for 30 years? Get your pets spayed or neutered! If everyone practiced good stewardship, we wouldn't have a bunch of homeless animals running around... and we sure wouldn't have a bunch of Crazy Cat Ladies running around with cases of Iams in their cars! Yep, just so you know, I'm blaming my quirks on you.

1 comments:

Mikey G said...

Does this make you Hallie Berry? You are a superhero for looking in on these poor creatures, maybe they're just waiting on some love from Applebees?

Post a Comment